|A Modeling Approach to Algebra is a flexible and versatile set of curriculum materials that can be used at middle school, high school, or post-secondary levels. There are two main components of the materials, a Student Book and a Teacher Edition.
The Student Book consists of six chapters of problems that make use of the modeling standards in the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. The strengths of this curriculum are:
- Research-based materials that support learning algebra concepts.
- Accessible and challenging coursework appropriate for all students.
- Investigations and long-term projects that emphasize the modeling cycle.
- Active participation that allows for students to engage with the Standards for Mathematical Practice.
- Integrated technology that provides students with access to mathematical concepts through the use of dynamic tables and graphs.