Join the Teaching Science as Inquiry: Aquatic series of 2-day in-person workshops with online follow-up components for the following disciplines of aquatic science:
The TSI Aquatic benefits teachers. Teachers will:
- Learn about and practice inquiry pedagogy
- Learn to teach Physical, Chemical, Biological and Ecological content in the context of the ocean
- Gain access and a complimentary subscription to online curriculum and teacher learning community (includes revised and updated Fluid Earth and Living Ocean materials as well as interactive features)
- Receive teacher guides to activities
- Receive stipends
- Receive classroom supplies
- Be able to earn PDE3 credits
The TSI course benefits schools:
- Connects teachers throughout the state to share ideas and resources
- Students learn standards-based content through authentic inquiry
- School is reimbursed fees incurred during their teacher’s time in the course that may be used to cover substitute teachers or other costs.
Oahu and Kauai programs are available for the 2012-2013 school year! TSI Aquatic programs can accommodate up to 15 teachers each.
To find out more about our programs, contact us at 1-800-799-8111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching Science as Inquiry (TSI) Aquatic 2012 Course Listing
|Subject and Course||Date||Time||Location||Course Fee||Credits||
|TSI for 6th to 12thGrade Science Teachers: OAHU||August 8, September 7-8||9:00 am – 5:00 pm||UH Manoa, University Laboratory School||None. Teachers earn $1200 for all 4 modules||3 PDE per module||
|TSI for 6th to 12th Grade Science Teachers: KAUAI||August 15, September 21-22||9:00 am – 5:00 pm||Lihue||None. Teachers earn $1200 for all 4 modules||3 PDE per module||