Our mathematics programs
- are based on intensive research into students’ thinking about mathematical concepts.
- promote interaction among students to conjecture, prove, refute, and extend ideas.
- build communication skills such as reading, writing, speaking, and critical listening.
- engage students of varying abilities, including ESL and special-needs students.
- align with national and state-level standards and benchmarks.
- improve student achievement.
In support of this mission, our work includes
- understanding of students’ mathematical thinking and learning.
- creation of effective curricula and other support materials.
- promotion of applications of technology.
- professional development opportunities.
- support of schools engaged in mathematics reform.
Current projects are
- Measure Up
- Reshaping Mathematics for Understanding
- Algebra I: A Process Approach
- The Write Way Journal Prompts
- Geometry: A Moving Experience
- Traffic on the Information Superhighway
Program & Curriculum
Measure Up Brochure
Reports & Samples
Download examples of The “Write” Way Mathematics Journal Prompts
Download Explorations in Algebra sample Labs
Download Traffic samples
Reshaping Mathematics samples